Biochemistry 674: Biochemistry of Nucleic Acids
Class time: 8 a.m. TuTh, Chem 0127
Office Hours: Weds. 2-3 p.m., Thurs. 1-2 p.m., Chem 2500A
- Histograms for the course over all, the final, the poster,
Exam II and the sum of the hour exams.
- Review session for the final will be Thursday, December 14, at 1 p.m.
- Poster session: 9-11 a.m., Saturday, December 2, Chemistry Atrium! Here are
- RNAi notes.
- Answer key to exam 2.
- RNA polymerase overheads.
- Examples of posters from Spring '06.
The emphasis of the poster session was different, but the mechanics were
- New Jmol tutorial on the nucleosome is available through
- Simple spreadsheet on protein-DNA binding curves is available.
- Key to
exam 1. And here is the curve.
- Study questions and answers ahve
been updated to include the chimp genome, the Ren paper, the Seeman paper, and the Naktinis paper. The chimp genome paper
is available (login
- Answers to study questions are available.
- Review session for the first exam, 8:30-10 p.m. Thursday, place TBA.
- Graph on the wormlike coil model. There
are also a lot of links to my sketches and notes on the same page.
tutorial on tRNA.
- Make-up lecture was held Friday, Sept. 22, at 11 a.m., in Chem 0127 as
- My hand-drawn sketches of DNA geometry.And
a cleaned up chemdraw version is available here.
- Link to Jmol tutorial on DNA
and RNA helical structure. It is otherwise
a little buried.
- Syllabus (PDF).Note that I have changed
my office hours since printing the version handed out in class. It also omitted
the Novermber 28 lecture and has the wrong date for the poster session: the
correct date is December 2, 2006.
- Study questions on some of the required papers. These
also include study questions on the oligo hybridization spreadsheet.
- Class notes and papers. By login only, as it
includes copyrighted papers.
Up to J. Kahn's Home
Last Modified 8/30/06