Biochemistry Seminars - 11:00 a.m. in the Marker
Seminar Room (Chemistry 0112). Click
here for current schedule.
- January, 2009. Dr. Dorothy Beckett has accepted an Associate Editorship at the journal Protein Science.
- August, 2008. Dr. Kwaku Dayie joins the faculty as an Associate Professor. He is a biomolecular NMR spectroscopist who works on the structure and dynamics of
self-splicing RNA's. He was most recently on the faculty at the Lerner Research Institute at the Cleveland Clinic.
- January, 2008. Prof. Catherine Fenselau wins the American Chemical Society's Field and Franklin Award for Outstanding Achievement in Mass Spectrometry, for excellence in the application of mass spectrometry
to fundamental biomedical problems and for service to her profession. Here is The ACS announcement.
- August, 2007. Dr. Vitali Tugarinov joins the faculty. He is a biomolecular NMR spectroscopist who works on metabolic labeling methods for specific incorporation of
stable isotopes into proteins. This enables analysis of much the structure and dynamics of much larger assemblies than would otherwise be possible. He was most
recently a staff scientist in the laboratory of Lewis Kayr at the University of Toronto.
- 2006. Dorothy Beckett has been elected to be Treasurer of the Biophysical Society, serving from 2007-2011.
- August, 2006. Dr. Nicole LaRonde-LeBlanc joins the faculty. She is a biomolecular X-ray crystallographer who works on RIO kinases,
which are important in ribosome biogenesis. She was most recently a post-doc in the laboratory of Alex Wlodawer at the National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD.
For recent student achivements,
see the "Students" page.